Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Peach Crisp

Now this recipe is yummy! I used the recipe for the Plum Oat Crisp, but used peaches instead, because I have a peach tree too! I just picked most of them off the tree yesterday. They’re delicious! I already have 5 quarts in the freezer, 2 crisps, and still a grocery bag full of them that I need to peel and slice. I would much rather pick peaches any day than blackberries, let me tell you. The only thing you have to worry about is the occasional earwig. J

I was in the middle of making one of these crisps when Matt asked if I wanted to go to a family thing with him, so I decided to make a second to take with us. Plus I had plenty of peaches to share!

I am so fast at peeling peaches now, because of how many I have had to peel. I actually watched a movie and an episode of The Brady Bunch before I got through one bag. So I quickly peeled the freshly pick peaches and put them in a bowl with some sugar, lemon juice and tapioca (rather than the cornstarch again).

To make the crisp I put whole wheat flour, oats, butter, some cinnamon, and brown sugar and mixed them up. Mmm…my favorite part… although peaches are good too.

I have learned to always butter my pans whether the instructions say so or not, because too many times have I had something stick. Oh, I am loving non-stick spray! I never bought it, until Matt bought some to use on the grill, wow, so much easier than shortening! So I sprayed my pan before I put the peaches in and crumbled the topping on top. I squeezed the topping in my hand before I crumbled it on top, so that there would be a variety of crumbling pieces.

It smelled amazing baking! So yummy! It was especially nice too last night because it was chilly outside, so it warmed up my little house. J

Matt and I ate this warm with vanilla ice cream on top! It was great!

Also – the tapioca is great! Even with the peaches, I did even notice it, and it makes it so it isn’t runny at all!

2 comments:

  1. I've decided that I'm going to start my own blog, but instead of a Martha Stewart cookbook I'm going to go through The Ultimate Bar Book by Mittie Helmich. I figure I'll make 5 or 6 drinks every friday night then write about it on sunday after my headache goes away. :)

    This sounds delicious by the way. Peach is my favorite fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that sounds awesome! I look forward to reading that!

    ReplyDelete