Saturday, September 19, 2009

Apple Tartin ( I think...)

So I made the first horrible recipe. It was gross I couldn’t even eat it. The recipe was basically an apple upside down tart. Which sounds good right? It looked good too, but it was WAY sweet. I mean, OVERLY sweet!

Basically you take a cup of sugar and some water and caramelize that to a amber brown. You put that in a pie pan that has been buttered which you then put little pats of butter in and the quartered apples. Then you lay the tart dough on top of that. It still sounds good? Yes, I know, even smelled good when I baked it. But wow, it was incredibly sweet, that I could only take one bite out of it. Plus, I’m not a big fan of caramel, so I wasn’t too fond of the taste either.

The one good thing that came out of it though, was that I got to use my new peeler and apple corer! Man, the apple corer is amazing! The cores shot out of it like bullets! It was crazy!

2 comments:

  1. You only took one bite? Where did the rest go?! Gobbles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no..I'm pretty sure not even Gobbles would eat that. The garbage got it instead. Though Matt did take one slice.

    ReplyDelete