Friday, February 5, 2010

Margarita Cake

I am sad to say that I did not get a picture of this cake! It was pretty too! It was a bundt cake with a glaze and green lime zest on top.

So this cake is inspired by the actual Margarita drink. The cake itself even contains tequila and triple sec, as does the glaze. I brought this to a fiesta I was going to and it went so fast I didn’t even have a chance to have a piece, but I heard it was good! I sprinkled the top with lime zest for a pretty green color and put a little bowl of salt to be sprinkled on top each slice if you so chose.

I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com again. I changed a couple things. It was kind of a cheating recipe. It called for a cake mix and instant pudding. I used a lemon cake mix instead of an orange cake mix like it called for. I couldn’t figure out why it called for an orange cake anyway, because it is a lemon-lime drink.

Also, when I made the glaze it was REALLY runny, so I would encourage to just add the liquid a little at a time, or just add more sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment